Applying for an NBI Clearance used to take much of your time, sometimes it took you almost whole day to process it due to long queue lines, and you don’t have other choice but to wait.
In January 2014, the new NBI Clearance Online system was launched through DOJ and NBI websites.
Just this year 2017, NBI Clearance Processing strictly implemented the “NO APPOINTMENT NO ENTRY” POLICY for NBI clearance applicants. No appointment will be done on the same day of setting your appointment. NBI clearance applicants need to register first online and have their appointment date set in advance.
See below step-by-step procedure on how to apply for NBI Clearance Online
STEP 1: ACCOUNT REGISTRATION FOR NBI CLEARANCE ONLINE
Applicants are required to register an account on NBI website in order for you to proceed to the next step.
- Go to NBI Clearance Application website by clicking here. NBI Clearance
- If it’s your first time applying for NBI Clearance, tick on the “NO” checkbox option, then fill out the registration form including your email address. Then click the checkbox “I Accept Terms of Service” and click on Sign Up. For applicants who previously registered online, just enter your registered email and password then click on Proceed.
- Once you are done with the account registration, you can now login using the email and password.
Always remember your password you used in your account. You will be using it when you have to apply or renew an NBI Clearance again in the future. So better save it anywhere where you can access it anytime. If you’re having trouble signing in, just click on the “Forgot Password?” link on the log-in form.
STEP 2: FILL OUT THE NBI CLEARANCE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Fill up the application form completely. Provide the correct information. Then click the “Save Information” button.
- Once done filling out all the information needed, you will be redirected to the summary page. Make sure that all the information provided are correct. If you find that there’s something wrong with the information you entered, just simply click on “Edit Information” located on the right side.
- Once you finished reviewing all the information, you may now click on “Apply for Clearance” option to continue.
- You will have to indicate what type of valid ID you will present on the day of your appointment. Then click on “I Agree” to continue.
- Select your preferred NBI Branch, date of appointment and time slots.
- Select the purpose and purpose detail of getting the NBI clearance. Then you will see the total amount of how much you need to pay for your chosen application.
- To complete the transaction, select the payment option you prefer. You can pay it through online banking, over the counter or bayad center.
- You will see the payment reminder page to confirm the transaction, and then just click on “Proceed to Payment” to get the Reference Number.
- You can review the transaction details again, just by clicking on “Transactions” button located on the left side. You will see there your Reference Number, the status of your transaction and your scheduled appointment. Once you already paid the NBI fee in any of the payment option you selected, the status of your transaction will change from Pending to Paid.
- Now click on “Details” button and you will see the application form. Please print the application form because you will have to bring it on your appointment day.
STEP 3: APPOINTMENT DAY
Go to your preferred NBI Office for biometrics and photo. Bring the same valid ID you mentioned on your application, together with your printed NBI Clearance application form.
Be there at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
Wearing of slippers, shorts, mini-skirt, sando, spaghetti straps are strictly prohibited inside the building. Wear proper attire.
Click here to read:
- How to apply for PSA Certificates Online – Birth, Marriage, Death and CENOMAR
- How to Apply for Philippine Passport
- Philippine Passport Validity Extended to 10 Years
- Balikbayan Box: Items and value must be declared